Course Placement Testing
Great news! All Madison College Testing Centers are open for in-person placement testing. Sessions are available at all campus locations.
Scheduling your placement test is easy! Here's some information to help you determine if you need to take the exam:
1. Have you taken the ACT in the last 2 years? If you sent your ACT scores to Madison College, then you may be able to enroll right away!
2. Do you have ACT scores and/or a high school GPA that is less than 5 years old? If you do, you may not need to take the placement test and can use this instead! If you are a newly admitted student, you should sign-up and attend one of the upcoming Advising and Registration events. You will receive an invitation for these events via your personal email. If you don't, please contact Enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu or call (608) 246-6210.
- Please note that specific ACT scores and GPA ranges are required for course enrollment
- Please note that ACT and/or GPA more than 2 years old will require review before being able to enroll. Fill out the Class Review Request Form here or get approval from an advisor.
3. If you do not have ACT scores or a high school GPA that is less than 5 years old, you will need to complete the Madison College Placement exam. Please click the "Register for a Placement Test" button (below) to check out the placement testing schedule, select a day/time and register! Once registered, you are now ready to take your placement test.
- Please note that when self-registering, sessions with available seats required you to enter "1" and click "Add to Cart" to begin your registration process.
4. Check the email you provided for critical details regarding getting ready for your placement test, directions and what to bring on test day. Hint - bring a valid photo ID.
- Once you've completed your placement test, you are ready to enroll!
- If you are not able to register for or attend an in-person placement test session, please email AssessmentCenter-CAC@madisoncollege.edu or call (608) 246-5220.
3 easy options for enrolling in classes after your placement test:
- If you have an assigned advisor, please work with them to register for classes right away. You can self-schedule an appointment using your Navigate account, accessible through MyMadisonCollege, call (608) 246-6076, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Information on Navigate can be found here.
- If you are a newly admitted student, you should sign-up and attend one of the upcoming Advising and Registration events. You will receive an invitation for these events via your personal email. If you don't, please contact Enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu or call (608) 246-6210. More information can be found here.
- Students can also self-enroll through MyMadisonCollege and select the "Classes" tile and then Add/Drop classes. Step-by-step registration guides and videos are available to assist you here.