Course Placement Testing
What level of college courses are you ready for? Let's determine your readiness and place you in the appropriate reading, writing and math courses at Madison College.
As part of the Madison College course placement process, you have a few options to satisfy enrollment requirements:
1. Complete the Accuplacer assessment to determine appropriate course placement.
Sessions are available at all campus locations.
Registration is required and is payable by credit or debit card when registering.
What is the Accuplacer?
The Accuplacer is the computer-based assessment tool that we use to place you in the appropriate level of courses in subject areas like reading, writing and math.
Accuplacer is a multiple choice, untimed test - which means you can take it at your own pace.
Do I need to "pass" the Accuplacer to enroll?
The result of the Accuplacer assessment is not pass/fail but rather a placement system based on the answers you provided. It is meant to help you find the best starting point for Math, English and Writing.
Ready to take the Accuplacer?
Schedule your Accuplacer test appointment at one of our campus locations.
- Course placement is offered at all of our campuses district wide. With the link below, you will be able to select the campus where you want to test.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 608-246-5220 option 2.
If you require testing accommodations, please contact Disability Services at 608-246-6716 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Do I have any other options for course placement besides taking the Accuplacer?
Yes, we have a few alternative options:
1. Submit ACT scores from test(s) taken in the last 5 years
a.If you didn't send your ACT scores to us, you can go to ACT.org and have your scores sent to Madison College. Or, you can mail your scores or drop them off in person.
b. Please note that ACT scores more than 2 years old will require review before being able to enroll. Fill out the Class Review Request Form or get approval from an advisor.
2. Submit your high school transcript with final GPA that is less than 5 years old
a. We strongly encourage you to submit your transcripts to our Admissions Team for evaluation before taking a placement test.
3. A score of 165 on the Reading Through Language Arts section of th GED (this will waive the Reading and Writing sections of the Accuplacer placement test).
a. Scores must be less than two years old.
4. Prior college credit fulfilling the desired course prerequisites.
a. Submit official transcript to Madison College Enrollment Services, 1701 wright Street, madison, WI 53704-2599
5. Accuplacer scores less than five years old from another college.
a. Official Score Reports need to be submitted by the initial testing center to Madison College Testing Center, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704
a. Registration is required and is payable by credit or debit card when registering.
Got it. How do I enroll in classes?
There are 3 easy options for enrolling in classes after you completed the placement test, submitted ACT scores or high school transcripts:
- If you have an assigned advisor, please work with them to register for classes right away. You can self-schedule an appointment using your Navigate account, accessible through MyMadisonCollege, call (608) 246-6076, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Information on Navigate can be found here.
- If you are a newly admitted student, you should sign-up and attend one of the upcoming Advising and Registration events. You will receive an invitation for these events via your personal email. If you don't, please contact Enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu or call (608) 246-6210. Advising and Registration information.
- Students can also self-enroll through MyMadisonCollege and select the "Classes" tile and then Add/Drop classes. Step-by-step registration guides and videos are available.