If you meet the eligibility requirements, the financial aid Book Charge program allows students to use up to $800 of your financial aid award to pay for books and supplies during designated times each semester. This may apply to you if you are renting textbooks from the Madison College bookstore.
This is an optional program, so if you decide not to use the Book Charge, your financial aid will disburse as normal.
Spring 2023 Book Charge Dates - January 9 to January 27.
Book Charge Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the Book Charge Program, you’ll have to meet the requirements listed below:
- You have completed the application process for financial aid
- You received an Award Notification (see application process step 5) and have accepted all the funding you wish to receive
- You are admitted into a financial aid eligible program of study
- You are enrolled in at least six financial aid eligible credits
- You meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements or have been reinstated
- You have completed the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov. This is only required if you have accepted Direct Loans on your award
- Your award amount will cover all tuition, fees and the amount that the bookstore charges
- There aren’t any financial aid items in your myMadisonCollege To-Do List
- You do not have any holds on your account that indicates a balance owed to Madison College (including holds for book rentals, library, auto parts and tuition)
How to Charge Books Online
- Visit the bookstore online.
- Find the books for your courses on the bookstore site. You can find all ISBN information for all required course textbooks in the online class detail and course syllabus.
- Select Financial Aid for your payment type and enter your student ID number for the account number.
- Get your books shipped directly to you or you can pick them up at any Madison College campus bookstore.
How to Charge Books In-person
You can visit the Madison College bookstore in person and charge your books there.
- Provide the bookstore with your One Card.
- Find the books for your courses using your class schedule or get them from your course syllabus.