Accounting & Business Lab
In-Person at Truax, D3610
- Monday - Thursday, 9 am – 2:30 pm
Virtual Hours through the link box below
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday 6 pm - 9 pm
- Friday 11 am - 2 pm
The Lab will be closed for Labor Day weekend, September 3 - September 5 & for Thanksgiving Weekend, November 24 - November 26.
The virtual Lab will be open Sunday, November 27, 6 pm - 9 pm.
The Accounting and Business Lab provides drop-in support to students taking a variety of Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Technology and Computer Software courses. We strive to enable students to surpass their barriers and complete not only their individual courses each semester, but also to complete their desired degree at Madison College. As we engage students over the entirety of their programs, we also serve as a point of engagement and community for our students.
We share the Mission, Vision and Values of the College. Through our support, we make the College experience possible for many of our students. By providing an inclusive and respectful space where all students, regardless of their background, can receive excellent support, we work together with our students to achieve their academic goals. In this way, we make “real” the Mission, Vision and Values of Madison College.
Formats of the Lab:
The Accounting and Business Lab has two drop-in formats, neither of which require appointments:
In-Person Support: Our Truax campus Lab has roughly 40 computers in a 2,500 square foot space where we provide drop-in help to students.
Virtual Lab: Our Lab also provides support to students through a virtual Lab which is accessible through our website.
What to expect in the Lab:
- The Accounting and Business Lab provides services either via our in-person Lab at the Truax campus or through our virtual Lab, accessible through our web page link. Our current service hours are listed on our web page. We do not provide support through email or over the phone.
- The Lab will provide support only for Madison College courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- Our Lab Staff will greet you and connect you with an Assistant, Coordinator or Instructor who can help address your questions. Depending on demand, there may be a wait for assistance.
- The primary way we support you is by getting you “unstuck” on your current assignment. Our staff will be working with several students simultaneously, so we may ask you to work on your own when you can.
- You will be expected to be prepared with resources, notes and reference material, as well as specific questions or problems you would like addressed.
- The Lab cannot aid on exams, quizzes, tests or assessments.
- All students are expected to follow the Student Code of Conduct and are expected to be respectful and considerate. The Lab adheres to the College’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan by supporting all students in their academic endeavors without regard to a student’s background. We promise to foster an inclusive and equitable environment where our diverse students can thrive.
If you believe you already have the skills you would gain in a required Madison College class, you can request a challenge exam. If you pass, you'll get the credit for that class on your MATC transcript. Please see the credit for prior learning webpage for more information.
You will need to register for an exam by adding that CPL course to your class schedule. Exams need to be scheduled and portfolios need to be submitted the week before finals in each semester - exams are available in the summer. Once you register, you will find the new CPL course added to Blackboard, and contains more information on contacting the Business Lab to set up an exam time.