Begin the semester prepared and ready for success!
New students are expected to complete an orientation before beginning classes. Data shows that students who attend orientation are more prepared the first day of classes and feel more comfortable navigating their life as a student. You will learn everything from what resources are available to you as a student, to how to get involved in our campus community, to where your classes are, and how to get your textbooks. Let us welcome you to the Madison College WolfPack!
By attending, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of academic services available free of charge (i.e. writing and math center, tutors, etc.)
- Meet and engage with faculty and develop an understanding of classroom and study expectations
- Plan personal strategies to add to your success (i.e. study skills, financial literacy, time management, etc.)
- Learn where to find the activities calendar and check out upcoming events
- Find out how to get involved and find fellow students with similar interests
- Get your student ID (OneCard) and bus pass (if applicable)
- Receive a free T-shirt, calendar/planner and other helpful items for the start of school
- Be entered into drawings for Bookstore gift certificates and other give-a-ways
Our data and student surveys show that participation in the WolfPack Welcome helps students be better prepared, learn how to access services and earn higher grades.