View "Requesting Transcripts" to learn how to access your Madison College transcript.

View "Submitting Transcripts" to learn how to send other schools' transcripts to Madison College.

Requesting Transcripts from MC

Your Madison College transcript is the official record of your grades. Transcripts are confidential and cannot be released without your authorization. Please follow the directions below to request your Madison College transcript.

NOTE: You cannot access your transcript if you owe money to the college or have a hold on your record.

Traffic and Road Safety courses do not appear on a transcript (official or unofficial). Please contact the Wisconsin DOT if you require proof of completion for these courses.

Official transcript. Order your official transcript from the myMadisonCollege Portal. Click the "Academic Records" tile and select "Request Official Transcript" to submit your request. Official transcripts can also be ordered online at

Unofficial Transcript. View or print your unofficial transcript by logging into the myMadisonCollege Portal. Click the "Academic Records" tile and select "Unofficial Transcript". Unofficial transcripts are for informational purposes only. 

  • Click the "Other Academic" box
  • Select Transcript: View Unofficial and click the Go arrows
  • Select Unofficial - Both Careers in the Report Type box
  • Be sure your pop-up blocker is off

If you attended prior to 1986 and those classes do not appear on your transcript, you must submit a Request Form. Allow 10 business days for processing. Once completed, the transcript report is available from your Student Center for repeated printing.

GED/HSED Transcript. Order a copy of your GED or HSED transcript by completing the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) form.

Employers, colleges and universities who need to verify that a candidate has a GED or HSED from Wisconsin are able to request this information directly from DPI.

If you completed your GED or HSED at Madison College, contact our Testing Center for verification at (608) 246-5220, choose option 2.

Submitting Transcripts to MC

Whether for admission or course requirement completion, you must send transcripts from other schools to Madison College according to these guidelines.

Receipt. Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended in a sealed envelope. We also accept transcripts from approved third parties such as Parchment, Credentials Solutions and National Student Clearinghouse. We cannot accept faxed, emailed, scanned, advising copy, campus use only or web-produced transcripts.

If your transcripts include a former first or last name, inform the Enrollment Center to minimize processing delays. 

If you order your official transcript electronically and you are required to provide a Madison College school email, using will allow us to receive the inbound transcript. Official electronic transcripts must be sent by an approved third party. We are unable to accept self-submissions of electronic transcripts.  

Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Madison College does not accept copies of student score reports or scores listed on high school transcripts. 

Any unofficial transcripts or test scores received by the college will not be linked to student academic records and will be confidentially destroyed upon receipt. 

Processing. Official transcripts will be electronically imaged once received by the Enrollment Center. The original documents will be destroyed. Imaged documents are kept on file for three years. After this time, you may need to resubmit your transcripts.

Custody. Transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College become the property of the college and cannot be returned to you. If you would like a copy of your transcript or test scores, contact the institution or the testing agency that originated the document and request copies to be sent directly to you.

High school transcript: If you are currently in high school or charter school, submit your official in-progress transcript with your admissions application. After graduation, submit your final official transcript. High schools will notify Madison College if an applicant does not graduate, at which time Madison College will contact the applicant with alternative options. 

 GED/HSEDs completed at Madison College:

  • Prior to 2014, students must contact the Testing Center to get official documentation submitted to the Admissions Office.
  • After 2014, no additional steps are required as this information will be on your student file.

GED/HSEDs completed elsewhere:

  • Students must submit official transcripts from the awarding state agency. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the official testing agency. We cannot accept GED/HSED score reports or transcripts printed on high school transcripts.
    • GED/HSED 5.04/5.05 students may have a score report
    • GED/HSED 5.09 students may have a transcript
  • Students that have completed the GED02 must submit official transcripts from the awarding high school.

Home school transcript: Home-schooled students should submit a transcript produced by the home schooling agent responsible for the instruction of the student. The transcript should list courses with grades and the grading scheme, or may simply include detailed course descriptions. The transcript must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by the agent.

Closed schools: If your high school or college has closed, you should contact your local or State Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to order an official document.

If a public or private school record no longer exists, contact DPI to request the following on official DPI letterhead: name of school, year school closed, name of student, and, if recorded, the year graduated. The letter must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by a DPI representative. You may then submit that letter to Madison College.

U.S. Territories transcript: If you attended high school and/or college in one of the five U.S. territories, you must submit the following documents to fulfill the education completion admission requirement.

  • Official transcripts that demonstrate high school/secondary completion or collegiate-level education completion equivalent to an Associate's degree or higher
  • If the official transcript is not written in English, you may submit transcripts and request verification from a Madison College staff member

Territories are subject to change based on US policies, but currently include:

  • American Samoa
  • Guam
  • Northern Marina Islands
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands, US

International transcript: If you attended high school and/or college outside the United States, you must submit both of the following to fulfill the education completion admissions requirements:

  1. Official, professional credential evaluation: A credential evaluation is different from a translation because it demonstrates how the foreign educational system aligns with the U.S. educational system and converts grades into the U.S. equivalence.
    • An official, professional general credential evaluation with GPA meets the minimum requirement for admission completion
    • An official, professional course-by-course credential evaluation is required when requesting credit for prior learning, through which courses from other institutions may be counted towards a Madison College program
  2. Official transcripts that demonstrate the Education Completion requirement for the program you are applying to. Requirements can be confirmed on the program webpage or on the Admission Requirement page for your program. Examples (varies by program):
    • High school/secondary completion
    • Collegiate-level education completion equivalencies

For a list of translation and evaluation services, see our International Student Admission page.