Technology Access Program
Open access to college laptops and Wi-Fi.
Madison College is excited to offer the required technology and resources you need for successful remote learning. We are committed to doing all we can to provide affordable, accessible education for all.
For help with the laptop setup process, accessing the hotspot's internet connection, or any other academic technology need, contact the Student Technology Hub in the library.
- Laptop or Hotspot RentalWi-Fi Access
Laptop or Hotspot Rental
Spring 2022 Requests: Due to Winter Shutdown, the request form will NOT be opened for Spring 2022 requests until January 3, 2022.
Madison College provides loaned laptop computers and internet hotspots free of charge to all currently registered students. You can view the full terms of service here.
- Laptop computer (property of Madison College) loaded with Microsoft tools and antivirus software.
- Wi-Fi hotspot so you can access the internet at your convenience.
You have the option to pick up your equipment in person or have it mailed to you.
- You can fill out the Equipment Loan Request form.
- For Truax: After you complete the form, you can either come to the Welcome Center or the Library.
- Library: If students wish to receive one-on-one help with their College-loaned laptop, please schedule a TechXpert appointment. Students will receive their laptop at that appointment.
- Welcome Center: If students do not want help with their devices, they can check out their equipment at the Welcome Center during their operating hours (Mon-Thurs 8am-6pm, Friday 8am-5pm). For returns, students can return all equipment to the Welcome Center during their operating hours.
- For Goodman South, Commercial Avenue, or the Regionals: You can come in during their operating hours. Give them a call for their most current hours.
- Before filling out the Equipment Loan Request form, make sure your address is correct in your myMadisonCollege. This can be found under My Profile – Addresses.
- If needed, change your address BEFORE filling out the form.
- Fill out the Equipment Loan Request form.
- You will receive a notification when your equipment ships.
It is important for you to return equipment on time so Madison College can provide them to other students. If you are graduating or no longer taking classes, you must return by the due date for that semester. If you need an extension, please reach out to Caitlyn Reinart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find up-to-date return information on Student Technology Hub's equipment returns page.EBB
Madison College has installed additional wireless access points in campus parking lots. Students who need internet access can come to these campuses by car to access secure internet Wi-Fi.
- This secure Wi-Fi is available between 7 am – 8 pm, 7 days/week.
- The network is Madison College’s secure Wi-Fi (MC-Secure).
- Users will need to login with valid Madison College issued username and password.
- You must park only in designated spaces while using Wi-Fi.
- You must arrive in and remain in a vehicle and practice mandated social distancing at all times.
- Public Safety will monitor these areas at Truax. Regional campus parking lots are monitored 24/7.
Wi-Fi is available at the following campus locations:
- Madison Campuses
- Truax – Parking area on the north side of Heath and Information Technology Building.
- Goodman South – Parking area nearest back/south entrance.
- Regional Campuses:
- Fort Atkinson – Parking area in the first and second rows on north side of building.
- Watertown – Parking area in the first and second rows.
- Portage – Parking area in the first and second rows.
- Reedsburg – Parking area on the east and north sides of the building.
Additional Wi-Fi is available off campus through Eduroam:
Eduroam (education roaming) is a secure network service available to Madison College students. You can use your Madison College credentials at any Eduroam-enabled school and get instant network connectivity. This also means visitors from participating schools can get wireless network connectivity at Madison College campuses.
UW-Madison and UW-Platteville are Eduroam members. Use your Madison College credentials to connect to the Eduroam Wi-Fi if you are in range of UW-Madison and UW-Platteville campuses. Find additional Eduroam locations using the locator map.
For more information, contact the student technology hub at (608) 243-4444 or email@example.com.Spring 2022 Equipment Pickup
The Federal Communications Commission is launching a new program starting May 12 to help households pay for broadband access. The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program will help people afford internet during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program offers for eligible households:
- Up to $50 per month discount toward broadband service and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- Up to $100 one-time discount to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from certain providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
- Those who received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Job loss or furlough that resulted in a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Households that participate in SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Those who have an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Households with students who receive free and reduced-price school lunch program benefits or school breakfast program.
Those who qualify can sign up by:
- Enroll through an approved provider on or after May 12, 2021.
- Visit www.getemergencybroadband.org to walk you through the steps on or after May 12, 2021.
For More Information:
You can find any updates on the program by visiting https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
Spring 2022 Equipment Pickup
Please note: Equipment requests for Spring 2022 will NOT open until January 3, 2022, due to Winter Shutdown.
You can request a laptop or hotspot rental to help with your studies if you are enrolled in the current semester. We are hosting equipment pickup locations for you to pick up your equipment prior to the start of the Spring 2022 semester at whichever campus you prefer!
You must fill out the loan request form before going to campus.
Once a request has been submitted, you have the following options for equipment pickup.
- Truax: You can come to a table in the Gateway (front of building) from January 5-14 and January 18-21. No appointment necessary. After January 21, you can pick up equipment from the Welcome Center.
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm
- South: You can walk up to the front desk during their standard operating hours. No appointment necessary.
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-8:00pm
- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Saturday – 9:00am-2:00pm
- Commercial Avenue: You can either go to Cathy in the Welcome Center or Jessica in Academic Advancement. No appointment necessary.
- Cathy, Room 120, Welcome Center
- Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Jessica, Room 108, Academic Advancement
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Cathy, Room 120, Welcome Center
- Portage & Reedsburg: You can come to the front desk during standard operating hours. No appointment necessary.
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm
- Friday 8:00am-12:00pm
- Fort Atkinson & Watertown: You can come to the front desk during standard operating hours. No appointment necessary.
- Monday-Thursday 7:30am-6:00pm
- Friday 7:30am-4:30pm