The Student Senate works collaboratively with fellow students and college administrators to create positive changes at Madison College. The Student Senate represents the interest of all students, promotes student and faculty understanding, participates in community affairs that concern students, and encourages students to become involved in educational and social activities of Madison College.
The Student Senate office is located in Room B1260H at the Truax Campus. You can call (608) 246-6107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a representative from the Student Senate. Find more information on our Senate website.
Join the Student Senate
Elected student leaders are full partners in the shared governance of Madison College, holding designated season on the College Assembly and each of the seven College Councils (academic, diersity and community relations, facilities and investments, fiscal management, human resources, student affairs and information technology).
As a Senate leader, you will:
- Develop a sense of belonging and responsibility at Madison College
- Learn about the college, local government, and state legislation
- Enhance your time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Participate in networking events to build influence, community involvement, and lasting friendships
- Learn about marketing, event planning, financial management, and the value of teamwork in action