As servant leaders, Madison College Student Ambassadors serve as positive role models, help new and prospective students feel more connected to the college community, build awareness of college services and programs, support student leadership growth, and reach out to the greater community.
In addition to helping with campus tours, Student Ambassadors are available to assist at Madison College events. Request representation from the Student Ambassadors at a college-related event.
- NominationsPosition Description
The Student Life Office seeks nominations every April and May for students to serve as Student Ambassadors for the upcoming academic year. Nominations are currently open. Interviews are conducted in May and June and new ambassador training begins in July.
If you have questions, contact advisor Doug Kirchberg at (608) 246-6576.Qualifications
Hours: Vary depending on interests and availability
Compensation: $10.50 / hour (work study or Student Help Position).
Reports to: Student Life Student Ambassador Coordinator
Provide college tours to prospective Madison College students and community members.
Attend on-going trainings, retreats and orientations for the Student Ambassador program.
Serve as a positive role model for youth and new students.
Serve as a peer advisor and resource person for fellow students by:
- Supporting students with matters related to: registration, MyMadisonCollege account creation and activation, navigating the Student Center, online resources, schedule planning, and general college resources.
- Helping with back-to-school events.
- Assisting at college-wide events.
Work events as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- WolfPack Welcome – Mid July to late August in fall, early January in spring.
- Welcome Back Event – First two days of fall and spring semester.
- Advising & Registration events – from April-August and November-December.
- Madison College graduation ceremony in December and May.
- Events requested by the Madison College President and Board.
Attend Student Ambassador meetings (one hour every-other week).
Check into the Ambassador Blackboard site at least twice a week. Indicate availability on event and tour sign up sheets.
Work hours vary from week to week, depending upon event schedule.
Hours worked range from 4 to 19 hours a week during the school year, and up to 30 hours a week during the summer.
Student Ambassadors may have opportunities to work additional hours in Student Life.
National Society of Leadership and Success Program
Student Life will need four to six ambassadors to serve as the coordinators for the National Society of Leadership and Success Program.
These coordinators will be selected from the Student Ambassador team and will be paid for the time they spend coordinating these activities. Duties include:
- Organize and run leadership webinars (6 to 8 a year) provided by the National Society of Leadership and Success.
- Promote the leadership opportunities available in Student Life, including the Leadership Certificate, membership in the National Society of Leadership and Success and Service Learning opportunities.
- Assist students with reporting leadership activities using The Link curriculum to fulfill the Leadership Certificate.
- Track progress of Leadership Certificate participates, promote opportunities that will help them fulfill requirements.
- Help plan and coordinate any Adventure Leadership Series workshops offered by Student Life.
Student Ambassadors must:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Be enrolled in at least six credits each semester.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as leadership qualities.
- Be reliable, flexible and punctual. Available to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and facilitate group discussions and present to small and large groups of people within a diverse population.
- Enjoy assisting others and contributing to their success as well as the success of Madison College.
- Be available to attend required training sessions.
The Madison College Student Ambassadors are hosting virtual student lounge sessions throughout the remainder of the Spring 2021 semester. We invite students to join us any time during our posted hours for games, socializing, study sessions and other activities.
Access the virtual student lounge by visiting the calendar in the WolfPack Connect app. Virtual lounge hosts will also announce when the lounge is open in the WolfPack Connect student feed.
The schedule is:
- Tuesdays, 4 - 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 4 - 5 p.m. (starting Feb. 17)
- Thursdays, 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. and 4 - 5 p.m.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Student Lounge Expectations
- This is an inclusive space. Be respectful of others in the environment.
- This is not a room for rants.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking to reduce background noise and feedback. Headphones or earbuds are helpful.
- Chat can be used any time.
- Always act like your camera is on and be aware of your surroundings.
- Dress appropriately for a public environment.
- If there are several people in the room, it might help to raise your hand to speak.
- Abide by the Madison College student code of conduct.
- Any form of harassment will not be tolerated in this environment.
- Be aware this room is being monitored by college staff.
- Recording is prohibited without permission of everyone in the room.