Scholars of Promise
We can help pay your college tuition!
The Scholars of Promise program provides low-income, graduating high school students an opportunity to access a college education without worrying about how to pay for it.
Program benefits include:
- Tuition Assistance: We cover tuition and fee costs that grants and scholarships do not for up to six consecutive semesters - summers excluded
- Financial Aid Application Assistance: Dedicated support through focused application completion workshops
- Retention Initiatives and Student Engagement (RISE): Scholars of Promise has partnered with the RISE office to provide the following wrap-around support services:
- Dedicated Advisor and Success Coach
- Access to tutoring, mentoring and academic, personal, financial, and career workshops
- Retention tools – Personal Education Plan, Progress Reports
- Celebration of achievements and completion
Promise to Promise: Transfer into the University of Wisconsin-Madison and have your tuition covered for up to 4 semesters
NOTE: The application window is October 1 to April 1 each academic year.
- Complete the Madison College Program application. Your program must be financial aid eligible.
- Activate your student account.
- Complete the Scholars of Promise application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Madison College school code = 004007
- You must be eligible for federal Pell grants
- If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, submit your SoP application anyway. We can discuss alternative options with you.
- Submit your ACT or Accuplacer test scores. (Madison College ACT Code: 4615)
- Submit a high school transcript showing a cumulative 2.25 GPA or higher after your junior year.
- Check your Madison College email account regularly for status updates. Application decisions are made in early May.
- Once accepted you must be enrolled in 12 degree seeking credits to be eligible for Scholars of Promise funding.
You must be a high school senior graduating from a Madison College district high school to apply to Scholars of Promise.
Stay connected by visiting us or asking us to visit you!