Do you have a business idea or an opportunity that you would like to explore?
Would you like help in developing your opportunity?
Participate in the Madison College Challenge!
The Madison College Challenge is an idea competition organized through the Center for Entrepreneurship.
About the Madison College Challenge
The Madison College Challenge was created to:
- Inspire individuals to become entrepreneurs.
- Connect individuals with Madison College alumni, academic experts, and private industry professionals.
- Help generate new ideas, knowledge and skillsets, attitudes, and careers.
- Provide a source of start-up funding for aspiring entrepreneurs within the Madison College district.
Rules for Participating
- Contest is open to any credit or non-credit student that was enrolled in a course between 2020-2022 and has not been a Madison College Challenge finalist
- Contestants may enter as individuals or as part of a team
- Contest is for the creation of a new business
- Once a student’s business idea summary or video has been emailed, contestants will be required to meet with a Madison College Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) who will answer questions and coach them through the next steps over several months.
- Madison College employees and employees of sponsors are not eligible to enter the contest.
You don't have to be a business student to register; all Madison College students are eligible.
All ideas will be considered - be creative!
How to Enter the Challenge
We welcome ideas from entrepreneurs who are at any stage of their journey and encourage business opportunities from sectors such as:
- Traditional Main Street
- Digital Technology
- Design and Manufacturing
- Social Good
Prizes and Perks
Finalists will have a chance to win a significant cash prize. Through participation you will get:
- Free business assistance and coaching.
- Connection to Madison College and area resources.
- A chance to win a significant cash prize to help step forward with your business idea.