Hosting an event can be stressful, but if you follow the process and use the software the college provides, hosting an event can be done with ease.
On-campus room reservations must be reserved by using 25Live, the room scheduling software for Madison College. To reserve a room, your Advisor will need to be present, as they have access to this system and must make the reservation for your event or meeting.
If you are hosting an event or meeting when the building is open and appropriately staffed, then the use of the facility is free of charge. Your event also must be approved by the Events team, which can take up to 3 days.
Once your event has been approved on 25Live, Public Safety and Facilities will be notified if parking or security is needed.
How to Host an Event
Once you have all your planning in place, and you are ready to host an event, follow the steps to ensure space for your event has been properly reserved:
Reserve a room through 25Live with your club advisor.
- To reserve a table outside of Student Life at Truax, provide Student Life with the date and times you would like to reserve the table(s). Call 608.246.6224 or go to room B1260 at the Truax campus.
- Make sure your event meets the facility use guidelines listed below.
- Get your setup specifications approved by Catering and Event Services.
- If needed, contract catering services promptly before your event.
- Create an event page and post in WolfPack Connect to promote your activity.
- Promote your event on campus with flyers only on designated boards, areas, and surfaces. Registered Signs, banners, notices, posters, and other materials not by these procedures will be subject to removal. For printing flyers, email or stop into Student Life. Don’t hesitate to get creative!
Facility Use Guidelines
- Schedule event space at least 5 business days before the event and no greater than 9 months in advance.
- Larger events, or those that require the use of the Redstone Gym or the Mitby Theater, schedule event space at least 30 days before the event and no greater than 12 months in advance.
- No events can be scheduled in classrooms for an upcoming semester until the classes have been successfully assigned to a location.
- Events scheduled in classrooms must adhere to the class meeting periods (50 minutes, 75 minutes, etc.) to allow adequate time to prepare for the next class.
- No event-related activity will be scheduled in classrooms the week of Final Exams.
- Student Clubs and Organizations may only schedule monthly meetings on a semester basis. The club/organization advisor must sign off on all reservations. A student organization or club will designate one person to coordinate room reservations to avoid multiple requests.
- Madison College buildings are open during designated hours and closed for specific holidays. Any events scheduled beyond the normal hours of operation may require additional staff support from the College. The User will be responsible for the associated costs, including overtime charges if applicable.
- All setup specifications must be approved by the Event Services (CSES) office. CSES reserves the right to modify any event set-up for any reason.
- Madison College operates a Catering enterprise and as such has the first right of refusal for all food services. Learn more about Catering.